Digital Heartbeat - 3rd Journey through the digital Berlin
The third edition of the Digital Heartbeat Series took place once more in Berlin with visits at innovative and disruptive companies and startups, great insights in the digital mindset and a deep focus on AI, ML and Blockchain.
IN 2016 LARS HÄRLE AND THOMAS FISCHER HAVE ORGANIZED the first journey through the digital Berlin. The idea was to bring the so-called Old Economy and the Startup Scene together to find common approaches, learn from each other and in the end create synergies. In order to achieve this, the basic concept of the Digital Heartbeat tour is it to visit various innovative, disruptive and highly digital companies and startups and show the unqiue mindset in a very exemplary and descriptive way.
"A great inspiration - you can feel Berlin's 'digital heartbeat' up close."
Feedback during DHB 18
By meeting founders personally, experiencing the startup lifestyle on location and having interesting and insightful Q&As, both sides can benefit from the meeting and find valuable apporaches for future project, processes - in the best case scenario even new partnerships are created.
In 2016 the DHB made stops at, among others, Barzahlen, a Fintech startup that provides Germany's biggest private payment infrastructure, Schleicher, a company that is one of the world leaders in providing solutions for automisation and Blacklane, a mobility startup that provides comfortable and exclusive transportation in more than 50 countries.
In 2017, Flixbus, a young mobility provider that has disrupted the German transportation market quite drastically, Mister Spex, a commerce company that has also revolutionized its market due to its omni channel strategy, solarisBank, the first online banking platform with a full banking licence and Thermondo, a company that aims to innovate the market for heaters in Germany and Europe, were our stops.
"All in all a highly inspiring and motivating event! It was great. "Feedback during DHB 18
Back Row, From the Left: Thomas Wanke (Karstadt Sports), Marcus Schramm (ERCO), Wolfgang Bach (EJOT), Ralf Simon (WAREMA), Lars Härle (IEG), Tobias Frick (ehem. ELG), Timke Precht (ehem. Kalle Group), Oliver Kuck (Bardusch) Front Row, From the Left: Xenia Silbe (Organisation), Michael Sinß (Allfoye), Dr. Rainer Barth (Soennecken), Sascha Groß (Hettich), Dr. Thomas Fischer (Allfoye), Prof. Dr. Barbara Weißenberger (Uni Düsseldorf), Wolfgang Michel (Michelgroup), Isabella Alizade (Organisation)
The Digital Heartbeat journey in September 2018 was highly focused on Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Blockchain. On our journey we made stops at:
- Sensorberg - True to the motto “merging the physical with the digital world” IoT startup company Sensorberg digitizes complex buildings and physical processes within offices and coworking spaces.
- micropsi industries - micropsi industries GmbH is building cognitive machines: They are providing high-end machine learning solutions for robotics and process control.
- Twyla - Twyla automates customer support calls through chat bots, provides seamless, immediate and relevant customer support, and simultaneously reduces the number of support tickets and costs.
- Catena Capital - Catena Capital is the #1 German Blockchain Venture Builder, Fund and ICO Accelerator.
- Merantix - Merantix s a pioneering platform for commercializing AI in industry. They conceptualize, build, and scale machine learning companies through their unique incubation environment which is build on trust in their brand, technological synergies across use cases and relentless product focus.
- Big Rep - Founded in 2014, BigRep set sail to transform the 3D printing and manufacturing business. With its 1m³ volume, the BigRep ONE opens the gateway to a new dimension of 3D printing and 3D manufacturing, while the BigRep Studio allows fast and precise large-scale 3D printing.
- Yeay - YEAY was founded by Melanie Mohr in 2015 and its the first global marketplace app that uses video to sell products. Buy, sell, and discover new products and designers from around the globe through our video feed.
- TwentyBN - TwentyBN develops advanced machine learning systems and the mission pursues machines with human perception and visual thinking.
In between sessions, the DHB participants were capivated with exciting conversations and discussions as well as a stimulating exchange of ideas with the founders, hosts and fellow attendees.